Garage Door operator San Fernando Valley California
One of the most common problems which lead to a garage door in San Fernando Valley that won’t open or close, is a problem with the garage door operator. There can be many possible reasons why the operator stopped, or why it doesn't work like it used to. From a bad garage door and operator installment, to a bad or no maintenance job at all, if your garage door operator is not working, or if you think that there is something wrong with the way the operator works, please contact SFV Garage Doors of San Fernando Valley and one of our garage doors technicians will be happy to help.
We carry, supply and install high quality garage operators from leading brands, like Liftmaster garage operators, Genie garage operators, and more. We offer same day service near San Fernando Valley. Whether it is a new garage operator installment, or repair. We also supply garage operator’s parts like Key-pad, remote control (Clicker) and more. We do not limit our services in San Fernando Valley to only residential operators, we also supply commercial operators for overhead doors. Which makes us to a company that can deal with any garage door problem, whether it is a broken operator or a broken overhead garage door spring.
Same Day Garage operator Repair San Fernando Valley
We offer same day garage door operator repair in San Fernando Valley, and we provide service for garage door operators from all brands. Sometime the operator can’t be repaired, or the cost of repair may top the price of a completely new garage door operator installment. But don’t worry, we got that covered. We carry with us garage door operators from leading garage door operators brands in San Fernando Valley, such as Liftmaster and Genie garage opener, and we are ready to replace your garage door operator right there on the spot. We install garage door operators for residential and commercial Overhead doors, and we also provide garage door operator parts and accessories such as Key Pad, Remote control, Push Button and safety sensors. All you need to do is to contact us, and let us help.
We offer same day service in San Fernando Valley California, and we are ready for any kind of service, whether you need a new garage operator installment, or safety sensors replacement, we can help. We train our technician to be ready to deal with any garage operator problem, and to carry parts and units for all garage doors. If you need the services of garage door technician in San Fernando Valley, the team of SFV Garage Doors are ready to help.
Garage operator & Safety
You may own a Liftmaster belt drive operator in San Fernando Valley, or chain drive operator, keep on mind one thing: broken garage door shouldn’t be used. It can be a broken operator, or a broken spring, a commercial garage door, or a store front roll up gate, do not use a broken overhead door, and use a local qualified and experience technician to perform the repair. Although you may be use to overhead door that operate safely and smoothly, when something goes wrong, the door become extremely dangerous. Call SFV Garage Doors of San Fernando Valley for same day service.
Garage Door operator Problem San Fernando Valley
A problem with the garage door operator can be an unpleasant experience that sometime can happen at the worst time. We at SFV Garage Doors understand that, and to try and ready to help ASAP. We offer a same day garage door motor repair in San Fernando Valley. From fresh installment of a new replacement, we are ready to complete the job.
A problem with the garage door operator does not mean that it is time to replace the operator. Sometime the reason for the problem is just a poor garage door maintenance job, or no maintenance at all. There are few reasons why the operator stopped working, and a good garage door technician, as the technicians of SFV Garage Doors are can solve the problem.
Is it really the garage operator?
One common problem that we see a lot during servicing garage doors in San Fernando Valley is a problem with the door itself (Problem with the mechanism of the door) that seem like a problem with the operator. And in order to explain that, we need to make one thing clear: What makes opening the door to so easy, and what prevent the garage door from falling into the floor when it is closing is not the operator, it is the mechanism of the door. The operator is only in charge of small amount of lifting and lowering the door. So the rule is very simple: If there is something wrong with the door, do not try and open or close it with the garage operator. First you will need to address the problem, make sure that the door is working properly when you use it manually, and only then you (Or the repairman) can connect the garage door operator to the door, and use the door electrically. We can repair both garage doors and operators in San Fernando Valley. Just call us and we will be there for you today.
operator Safety Sensors San Fernando Valley
Every garage door in San Fernando Valley must include a safety feature! This is not an option, or up to you or to us, this is what required by law. There is a federal law that require every automated garage door to include a safety feature, which will protect and prevent the closing overhead garage door from hurting someone or something by the closing garage door.
If you own an automated garage door, make sure that the door is equipped with safety feature, and the most popular one in San Fernando Valley is the operator safety sensors. The garage safety sensors in are installed on each side of the garage door, next or on the tracks, and no higher than 6 inches from the floor (to protect pets or small objects from getting hurt). The safety sensors should be installed when they are facing each other, and in case an object will interrupt the invisible laser beam between the two sensors, the garage operator which closing the door will stop it movement and reverse to open position, and by that protect and avoid hurting the object which interrupt with the laser beam. It can be a person, bicycle, or any other object that may be forgotten at the garage door’s path. Every automated overhead door in Los Angeles must include a safety feature.
Safety sensors installment
There is only one way to install garage door safety sensors in San Fernando Valley, and this is the right way. Make sure that the safety sensors are installed correctly, and that the wiring is not damaged and well connected. If you, or a garage door technician fail to perform a correct safety sensors installment, you will not be able to close the garage door using the garage door remote control, and you won’t be able to use the door automatically. Reliable and trouble-free garage door start from the installment. When the safety sensors were installed by a qualified technician who know garage doors in San Fernando Valley, they should work with no problems for many years, as long no one will touch, move, push or break them. If you want to learn more about safety sensors troubleshoot, you can visit one of the following links:
- Safety sensors troubleshoot.
- Garage Door DIY.
- Garage safety sensors repair.
Garage operator Replacement San Fernando Valley
If your garage door operator stopped working completely, or if you think that there may be a problem with the way it is working now, you should stop using the garage door, and contact a garage door contractor in San Fernando Valley who can repair or replace garage door operators.
Using a garage door with a broken operator, or with any other problem is dangerous! Not only that you may cause a bigger problem, which may cost you more money, using a broken garage door can be dangerous to the people who use the door, or to objects who located near the door. We offer chain drive operators and Belt drive operators from leading brands in San Fernando Valley, and we will gladly advise you, and share our knowledge with you, and help you get the best garage door motor, that will serve you well for many more years.
Before you buy a new operator in San Fernando Valley
There are many different types, brands and kinds of garage door operators in San Fernando Valley and in California, and since purchasing a new garage door operator is something that we should do once, and not have to deal with it again for the next twenty and possibly more, it is recommended to invest in quality operators and use a professional installer. In return to have a garage operator that is going to open and close the door to our garage whenever we need it to do so.
But most of us don’t really know what kind of operator we need, which of the garage operator brands offer high quality operators, and is it even possible to install an operator in to operate their garage door. One of the purposes of our article we will try and shed some light on the subject, and try to assist you find the right operator for your garage door in Los Angeles.
Before you go ahead and contact a local garage operator installer in San Fernando Valley, please read our recommendations, explanations and tips, to assist you purchase the best garage door operator, from the kind that last for many years.
Is it a fresh operator installment?
There is a difference between a new operator installment and an operator replacement. When you replace an operator, and it can an operator in San Fernando Valley, or anywhere else in California you remove the old one and install a new one. But when it is a completely new garage operator installment and there was never an operator before, you first need to make sure that it is even possible to install a new operator.
- The first thing you need to check is if there is electricity in the garage at all. Not every garage in San Fernando Valley has electricity, and it is impossible to install a new motor without electricity. If there is no electric power to your garage, you will need to contact an electrician in prior to the new operator installment. Do not assume that you can buy a garage operator with battery backup, and use it without electricity (Like one home owner in San Fernando Valley tried once, since the garage operators with the battery backup is just for back up).
- The second thing is the structure of the garage and the way it is built. There is a certain space which is required in order to install a garage door operator in San Fernando Valley. And in some cases, the installment may require additional modifications to make the installment passable. So if you never had an operator before, it is not obvious that it is going to be possible to install a new operator. It can be a garage operator installment in San Fernando Valley, or garage operator installment in Tarzna, call a local specialist, who can make sure that the installment is possible.
After many years of servicing overhead doors in San Fernando Valley, including repair and installment of garage operators, there is no problem that we cannot overcome, since when it comes to garage door services, it can be garage door operator repair near San Fernando Valley, or garage operator someplace else in California, there was never a garage door problem that we couldn’t solve.
What brand of operator should I install?
There are many garage door brands. Some of them offer high quality operators, and some offer low quality operators. The thing is that the difference in prices is not as big as the difference between the qualities, and with investment of 10-30 percent more, you can purchase one of the best garage door operator in the world. We supply high quality garage operators in San Fernando Valley, like the Liftmaster garage operator, which considered to be strong and reliable, and when being used properly, can last for many years with just basic maintenance.
If you want to read about the available garage door operators types in San Fernando Valley, you can read the article written by MY Garage Doors, which offer general survey of the garage door operators and types. But to make it short, we believe the Liftmaster operators are considered to be strong and reliable operators, what make them our preferred operator manufacture to work with. And after 20 years in the garage door business, and after countless garage door operator installments in San Fernando Valley California, we know why choose to recommend that particular brand to all our customers.
Garage operator Troubleshoot
If you garage operator in San Fernando Valley do not open or close the door, it may be due to several reasons. From a problem in the garage door itself, through safety sensors troubleshooting, to a broken gear or damage to the board, there isn’t always one option why the operator stopped working.
When it comes to garage door operator troubleshoot in San Fernando Valley, there are many problems that you can repair by yourself, and there are problems that require a trained technician that know how to fix garage door operators in San Fernando Valley. We would like to go over some of the common operator issues, and help you with garage door operator troubleshooting.
But before we start, we will repeat what we said before: Every garage door should work perfectly manually in order to be connected to the garage operator. If the door is not working perfectly that when you use it manually, you should repair the problem before connecting the operator to the door. And that goes for every garage doors, whether it is a broken garage door in San Fernando Valley, in California, or anywhere else, commercial or residential, broken garage door shouldn’t be use.
- The remote control (Clicker) is not working: If the wall switch or the Key less entry of your garage door in San Fernando Valley is working, but the remote is not, you either need to replace the battery of the remote, or to reprogram the remote and sync with the motor. You can either do it by yourself, or contact SFV Garage Doors for same day garage door repairs in San Fernando Valley California to come and fix or replace it for you.
- The door is not closing all the way: This is a common problems with automated garage doors in San Fernando Valley. It may be a symptom of a safety sensors issue, or a problem with the travel limits. If when you are holding the wall switch the door is closing perfectly then you may need to adjust or repair the safety sensors. Many times someone accidently moved one of the safety sensors from where it is installed, and by that caused to the invisible laser beam between the sensors to break. All you need to do is to bring the safety sensor back to its place, and it may solve the problem. If that did not solve the problem, SFV Garage Doors will come and fix it for you today, since garage door repairs in Los Angeles is what we do.
No matter how annoying the problem may be, you should never remove the safety sensors, or install them in a way which is not affective! They are there to protect you, or any other person or object in case they will be at the door’s path while it is going down.
- No sound or lights when trying to use the operator: You may not have power to the outlet. Check if there is power in the outlet. If there is no power, use a licensed and local electrician in San Fernando Valley to repair the problem.
- The operator works, but there is no light: You may simply need to replace the light bulb (Make sure you are using the kind which is recommended by the manufacture). The operator should work the same with or without a light bulb.
- The operator is making grinding noise, but the door is not moving: In that case the gear may broke and need to be replaced. You can purchase the gear and replace it by DIY, or you can contact a local garage doors technician who service San Fernando Valley for the repair.
- The door is not closing completely: If the operator does not close the door all the way, or if the door is stop in open position which is too low, you may need to adjust the travel limits. Check the manual for instructions. There are different operators for garages in San Fernando Valley California, and each one is adjusted differently. Search for the model you have and follow the instructions, or use a local garage opener specialist for the job.
Which operator should I install in my garage?
When you look for a new garage operator in San Fernando Valley, It can be a chain drive operator, or belt drive, what really important is that you will choose the operator that will serve you well, since it is something that you shouldn’t do more than once every 20 years or more. The important thing is that you will choose between the chain and the belt drive, and that you will choose a reliable brand, since like everything else in life, quality matter. SFV Garage Doors offer high quality operators in San Fernando Valley, and we offer same day installment service for residential and commercial operators.
For Same Day Garage operator Service in San Fernando Valley
Call: (818) 369-4890
Garage door installment San Fernando Valley California
- Liftmaster operator installment San Fernando Valley
- Garage operator repairs San Fernando Valley
- Commercial overhead door operator California
- Genie garage operator repairs San Fernando Valley
- San Fernando Valley Garage operator supplier
- San Fernando Valley garage operator technician
- San Fernando Valley garage door operator service
- Emergency Service San Fernando Valley California